By TOM D'ANTONI // "Dream Do Dazzle" a giant concert for the late Oregon music industry giant and her Musicians Relief Fund.
If you were saddened by the death of Lisa Lepine in July, and have been waiting for a public way to express what she meant to you, here's your chance.
On Sunday, November 13 at the Crystal Ballrooom (5-10pm, $15, tickets), there will be a mammoth concert not only to honor her and her life and what a giant force she was for music in Oregon, but to help fund the Lisa Lepine Musicians Relief Fund, a part of the Jeremy Wilson Foundation. In the weeks before her death she worked with Jeremy to get this effort underway but she died before she could use her vast skills to make it happen.
Now it's our turn, and with the looming cuts in federal health insurance, it's more important than ever.
The lineup is pretty damned breathtaking:
Performers (in alphabetical order):
* Adam East & Kris Deelane (www.facebook.com/
* Chervona (www.facebook.com/
* Christopher Worth (http://worth-music.com/)
* Chris Schelske formerly of Reckless Kelly
* Christie Josef (www.facebook.com/
* Darka Dusty (fandalism.com/darkadusty)
* Ed and the Boats/Rainworms
* Hoot Family (www.facebook.com/
* Jaime Lee Christiana
* Janet Julian (https://
* Jeremy Wilson (https://
* John Neff (http://johnneff2.com/)
* Jon Garcia (http://www.jongarcia.tv/)
* Kerosene Dream Trio (http://
* Miss V and Wil Kinky (http://wilkinky.com/)
* Ron Rogers (https://
* Skip VonKuske (https://www.facebook.com/
* Steve Lockwood (https://www.facebook.com/
* Steve Wilkinson (http://
* Thrillbilly Reunion (http://www.lchr.org/a/35/
* The Urban Shaman (https://www.facebook.com/
Emcees: Tom D’Antoni, KMHD DJ & Oregon Music News Editor, will also DJ a Soul set from 5-6pm. John Neff, Mark Baker and Terry Currier will also MC
One of the saddest stories I've ever had to write was the morning of July 5, 2016 when I put up this story on her death. After the death of Allen Toussaint, I made a vow to never write another obit. If anyone on earth deserved a loving remembrance, it was Lisa.
Here is your chance to make a living remembrance of her life...and hear some great music in the company of others who loved Lisa.